JR Guitars offers a wide range of repair services for acoustic and electric guitars, basses and mandolins.
Set-ups : A good set-up is important whether you are a beginner or a pro, and 99% of guitars off the shelf can benefit from a good set-up. Think of it like a general service and tune up for your car. A well set-up instrument will play better, sound better and stay in tune longer.
A set-up involves:
- Cleaning and oiling of the fretboard
- Tensioning and lubing tuners
- Cleaning body and neck
- Cleaning and checking of any electrical components
- Adjusting neck
- Setting action height
- Light fretwork
- Fine tuning nut and saddle heights
- Setting of tremolo if applicable
- Setting intonation
Repair work : We can fix or replace just about anything you can break or wear out on a guitar.
- Broken necks and bodies
- Splits and cracks
- Collapsing tops and bodies
- Faulty electrics
- Refrets and fret leveling
- Missing inlays
- Fitting acoustic pickups and preamps
- Custom wiring
- Nut and saddle replacement
We are open to any ideas you may have for customizing, restoring or upgrading your instrument. Give us a call or come in for a chat.